Hello there! Welcome to the introduction page for Fashion&Soul. You may be an inquiring artist desiring to collaborate, a friend that wanted to check out what I’m currently working on, or a total stranger that knows nothing about me or this project – and just ended up on this page somehow. No matter who you are, I invite you to read on and learn more about an upcoming publication I’m creating called Fashion&Soul.
I would love input, critiques, ideas, and of course collaboratives! If you or anyone you know share a similar vision, or is an artist looking to be a part of these publications, please don’t be shy! I will be sharing ways to get involved throughout this blog.
The first publication will begin assembly at the end of August (2018) to be presented in September. Therefore, it’s in the next few weeks that artists must submit artwork to be selected! The SPECIFIC criteria for submissions, along with my contact information, is included at the bottom of this page.
- Ignite kingdom culture in the fashion/art industry
- Show women how to dress out of self-love instead of worldly expectation
- Provide media that offers freedom to people worldwide
- Collaborate Christian ministries, leaders, and churches with secular brands, artists, events, and influencers.
- Create content that aligns with biblical truth, speaks life, and is visually AWESOME
- Provide content that encourages viewers to seek a greater purpose and relationship with God through Fashion photography
The combination of a Multi-part BLOG and a Self-assembled LOOKBOOK
Lookbook: a set of photographs displaying a fashion designer’s new collection, assembled for marketing purposes.
Blog: an online publication that typically relates to a particular topic and consists of articles and personal commentary by one or more authors
This project is going to combine both of these! As the lookbook promotes the online blog, it will also include the content. The hard copy will appear as a miniature fashion magazine/lookbook. The coexisting online format will be a multi-series blog (shared on this site) containing most of the same imagery.
FASHION&SOUL (publication 1 – Fall 2018)
This first publication will include:
- Printed written content, fashion photography, and other images of personal artwork over the format of 20+ pages
- A coexisting online blog (shared on WordPress)
- Credits to all involved artists, including names and social media platforms
- 30+ photos (by submission) of fashion-related content inspired by four written topicsTruth
Though I am in most need of photography, I am open to submissions of other forms of art, along with personal writing. If you feel lead to creating a piece that can be photographed or printed for this project PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Also, if you’d like to write a short poem, paragraph, or testimony – I’d love to include that as well!
I’m truly open to any ideas and eager to work with people from across the globe! This is a total test-run, but I believe this first issue can have incredible potential for further projects to come. I have big dreams for Fashion&Soul and am so excited to initiate this beginning (and be sharing it with you).
Lastly, if you are struggling to find truth, freedom, blessing, or renewal in your own life – you are not alone! Again, don’t hesitate to contact me or seek further guidance from a family member, mentor, or friend.
Thanks again for inquiring, and I hope to hear from you (and see your artwork) soon!
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include: Name, Country, Instagram Handle
Photos formatted to JPEG
Submissions open: August 7th – September 1st
- The artwork must be photographed by the artist who’s submitting it
- People photographed are credited (names included, Instagram handle if desired)
- Artist has read through Fashion&Soul’s mission and vision (all shared on this blog)
- The artwork is inspired by or can relate to one or more of the written topics of truth, freedom, blessing, renewal
- Artists meet the deadline of August 23rd, 2018
Artists can submit up to 15 photos with a minimum requirement of 1!
Last but not least!
People have been asking me what the “theme” or “overall look” of this project is; and as of right now, it is very indefinite. I will be assembling the lookbook by what photos/pieces complement each other on each page, and each page will look different. There will be a lot of variety, so don’t worry about your work “fitting in!” Just send in something that represents you as an individual artist and displays your creativity 🙂